Living in a small apartment, I’m always trying to find new ideas for storage. Sometimes, I have to get a little crafty with my ideas. My first stop for new ideas almost always is Pinterest. Just type in storage, and you’ll find an abundance of ideas. Since I rent, I can’t always tackle the projects that involve building things into the wall, but I keep them in mind for future reference.
Here are my top five choices:
1. Broom and cleaning supply storage: This built-in cabinet (topinspired.com) allows for easy access of brooms and cleaning supplies.
3. Foil storage: Take your pick between these two options for storing foil, plastic wrap, etc. in your cupboards. Depending on what type of cabinets you have, a magazine rack attached to the inside of the door (buzzfeed.com) may work for you, or maybe storage under a shelf (beneathmyheart.net) would work better.
2. DIY rolling kitchen pantry rack: Tucked neatly beside the fridge, this rolling pantry rack can be custom made according to the products you use. Store your spices neatly without taking up cupboard space. Find directions to create your own at removeandreplace.com.
4. Cutting board/cookie sheet storage: Use tension rods (hometalk.com) to create divided spaces in your cupboards for your cookie sheets and cutting boards. This allows you to create the amount of space you need.
5. Lid storage: Buy a lid rack (brit.co) and mount it to the side of a cupboard door to neatly store your pot lids.