If you like chicken, and you like rice, then you’re bound to love this wrap. Unlike other wraps that usually have some kind of meat and some kind of lettuce, this wrap is a bit more filling, as it is stuffed with rice instead of lettuce.
It tastes like a homemade Chinese meal, but it’s in wrap form. The best of both worlds, in my (biased) opinion.
4 to 5 chicken tenderloins (frozen or fresh)
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons rice vinegar (can be substituted with white wine vinegar)
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
2 cups brown rice
3 tablespoons (or more) duck sauce
2 tortilla shells
1. Using a medium skillet on high setting, pour in the honey and rice vinegar. Add the chicken. Continue cooking on high, while flipping the chicken about every minute. When the chicken starts to turn golden brown, turn the heat to medium. Continue cooking and flipping until it’s completely coated in honey. It should be very dark.
2. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the brown rice. Bring 1 3/4 cup of water to a boil. Stir in the rice and reduce heat. Cook for five minutes, covered. Remove from heat, and stir. Cover for five minutes.
3. When the chicken and rice have about two minutes left, cover the tortilla shells with cheese (however much you want), and microwave each for 20 seconds.
4. Pour as much rice as you’d like into the center of each tortilla, and drizzle as much duck sauce as you’d like on top. There will be plenty of rice left for leftovers.
5. You can either place two (or three) full chicken tenderloins on the bed of rice or cut them into slices.
6. Roll the wrap together, secure with a toothpick and enjoy.