Kristin Selby, 36, Director of Traffic & Workflow, Grabowski & Co.
What motivates or inspires you to better the community?
My roots are in Stark County. I live and work here and so does my family. I want this to be an inclusive community for everyone—especially in today’s climate. It’s important that we do what we can to build our community, and to help give everyone a chance to reach their goals in life.
What is the best career advice you’ve ever been given?
Don’t burn bridges. Regardless of why a professional relationship ends, it doesn’t have to end on bad terms. There could be positive benefits because of the former relationship later on. You may successfully reconnect with that person or company in another situation, or it could lead to another business connection all together.
What advice would you give the younger generation when it comes to advancing in their careers or strengthening Stark County?
When beginning your career, don’t dismiss the value of your coworkers’ experience. Be a sponge and learn everything you can from them. Listen to their advice and learn from their experiences. Let them help guide you through different situations you encounter on the job.
“Kristin Selby is the embodiment of all that Twenty under 40! stands for. She is hard-working, inspiring, giving and motivated.”—Ryan Hollingsworth
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration/marketing, Ashland University
• Hoover High School
In the community
• Domestic Violence Project Inc. board of directors president
• Current class of Leadership Stark County
• Spotlight Stark County
• Canton Advertising Federation
• NSME Achievement in Excellence Award
• Certified Agency Operations Manager, Second Wind
• Shawn Selby, husband
• Ryan Hollingsworth, Director of Social Media, Grabowski & Co.