Jeff LeBeau, 33, President, WRL Advertising
What motivates or inspires you to better the community?
Simply being a lifelong resident of Stark County, you want your community to thrive. I truly want this to be a good place for children to get an education, for young adults to find employment and families to grow and prosper. Improving our community makes everyone’s lives better and touches individuals more than they may realize.
What advice would you give the younger generation when it comes to advancing in their careers or strengthening Stark County?
Have a passion and care about the work you do. By showing a strong work ethic, being prepared and having a desire to improve, you will get to where you want to go professionally and in life.
What’s the most challenging part(s) of your job? How do you tackle these obstacles?
Time management. An advertising agency lives and dies on meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations. I tackle this by being organized, developing systems and effectively communicating with clients and employees.
What is your favorite thing about Stark County?
It is a great place to raise a family. Our community has more to offer than people tend to admit, and it is a great place to live and work. There is a hard work ethic and integrity that isn’t found in all communities.
“Jeff’s reassuring and positive approach encourages people to believe in themselves by accepting new challenges and knowing they can accomplish anything.”—Jacquie Mazziotta
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Management, University of Akron
• Central Catholic High School, 2002
In the community
• Prescription Assistance Network (PAN) of Stark County member; developed PAN’s marketing strategy, website and rebranding
• Child & Adolescent Behavior former board member
• Member of Canton, Orrville, Massillon and Lake Chambers of Commerce
• Leadership Stark County 22nd class
• Began as a WRL account executive, then held the role of director of new business development, leading to the appointment as vice president of sales and marketing before ultimately becoming president
• Under his leadership, WRL has won Addy awards for website development, photography and for work performed for Namath Products, Valspar, The Timken Company and more
• Lauren Zink-LeBeau, wife; Hayden, 2, daughter; also planning for the arrival of a new addition to the family this year
• Jacquie Mazziotta, PR Director, WRL Advertising