Jason M. Smith, 33, Officer, Banking Advisor II, PNC Bank
What motivates or inspires you to better the community?
My wife and I welcomed our son, Charlie, into the world a little over a year ago. So, helping to create a stronger community for future generations to enjoy has taken on an important new meaning to me.
What are your goals/plans/aspirations for the future?
Personally, to continue to learn and grow as a parent. Professionally, to continue to diversify my knowledge of banking in hopes of becoming an SVP of Retail. I’d also like to run for a local, political position someday.
What is your favorite thing about Stark County?
It may sound cliché, but the people. I’m not originally from the area, but when I moved here I was welcomed with open arms by the great people of North Canton and Stark County as a whole.
“As a person who did not grow up in Stark County, Jason has assimilated quickly into the business and volunteer service efforts of Stark County in many positive ways.”—Stephanie Werren
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing management and corporate finance, The University of Akron, 2007
In the community
• Former North Canton Chamber of Commerce
chairman, treasurer and board of directors member
• Former Rotary Club of North Canton president, Vocational Committee chairman and board of directors member
• Former Green Young Professionals board of directors member
• Former ystark! Membership Development Committee
• Officer, Banking Advisor II at PNC Bank managing book of more than 500 wealth clients
• Previous Vice President/Relationship Manager at Citizens Bank in North Canton, managing more than 130 clients
• Previous Vice President/Commercial Banking Officer at Premier Bank & Trust, managing more than 125 clients
•Katie, wife; Charlie, son, 13 months
• Stephanie Werren, Director of Leadership Stark County, Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce