33, Hospital Executive, Aultman Health Foundation
What motivates or inspires you to better the community?
I am motivated by my love of nursing and improving the lives of patients in our community. From a young age, I knew my career would be spent in the health care field, and I am excited I can make a positive impact on the members of Stark County.
What is the best career advice you’ve ever been given?
The best career advice came from my parents since my brothers and I were young. The advice was to pursue a career you are passionate about and always believe in yourself.
What advice would you give the younger generation when it comes to advancing their careers or strengthening Stark County?
Stark County may not offer all the amenities of a larger city, but it does offer an environment that values people, local businesses and reinvesting in the community to support economic growth. Stark County actively engages members of the community, creating a great place to start a career and raise a family.
“Stephanie carries herself with the utmost integrity, engagement and compassion for the team she leads. Stephanie is passionate about health care and improving the health of her community. She takes great pride in her work and the results of all teams she leads.”
• St. Thomas Aquinas High School, 2003
• Kent State University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 2007
• Vanderbilt University, Master of Science in Nursing Administration, 2013
• Vanderbilt University, Doctor of Nursing Practice, 2015
In the community
• Served on the American Heart Association Board of Directors for Stark and Wayne County, both as a board member and president elect
• Served on the American Heart Association Go Red for Women executive leadership team
• Serves on the Akron Regional Hospital Association Board
• Member of the Northeast Ohio Organization of Nurse Executives
• Performed more than a dozen community lecture events, as various civic organizations related to heart health and cardiac education
• Northeast Ohio Organization of Nurse Executives Aspiring Nurse Executive Award
• Ohio Organization of Nurse Executives Aspiring Nurse Executive Award
• Certified Transformational Leader—The Advisory Board
• American Heart Association, basic cardiac life support instructor
• American Heart Association, advanced cardiac life support provider
• Vice President, Quality and Operational Excellence, Aultman Hospital February 2018 to present
• Chief Executive Officer, Aultman Specialty Hospital
• Director, Aultman Heart Center Cardiac Satellite Facilities, February 2014 to July 2016
• Manager, Emory Healthcare Center for Heart Failure Therapy, November 2011 to February 2014
• Registered Nurse, Emory Healthcare Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CCU)
• Registered Nurse, Aultman Hospital Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
• Husband: Matthew Boyd
• Son: Luke Boyd, 1
• Parents: Randall and Ann Marie Hunt
• Siblings: Christopher Hunt and Matthew Hunt
• Randy Hunt, attorney, Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths, & Dougherty Co., LPA