Some upcoming local free summer concerts:
Massillon summer concert series
Held downtown, at 7:30 p.m. on Lincoln Way E.
• July 3, New Wave Nation **
• July 7, The Avenue
• July 14, Jimmy & The Soul Blazers
• July 21, The Sweet Beats
• July 28, The Belairs
• August 4, LaFlavour
• August 11, Rumplestiltskin ***
** This concert will be part of City of Champions Independence Day Celebration at the Massillon Recreation Center—(check it out on Facebook for more info).
*** This concert will be a part of the new BBQ Burn-Off Event (replacing Pizza & Wing Wars).
Summer Serenades in the Park
The Canton Symphony Orchestra, in partnership with the Stark County Park District, presents five free concerts from June to August. The series is sponsored in part by the Stark County District Library and the Dominion Foundation. The 45-minute performances feature a different small ensemble of four to five musicians in a casual program of light classics, pops, patriotic, jazz and/or folk. Here are the three remaining events, which all begin at 6:30 p.m.:
• July 12, String Quartet, Quail Hollow State Park
• July 28, Woodwind Quintet, Cook’s Lagoon
• August 11, Brass Quintet, Minerva Municipal Park
Summer Concert at Muhlhauser Gazebo
• July 22, 7:30 p.m., Canal Fulton Community Band
Rock the Park, Louisville Metzger Park
• September 10, 6 to 9:15 p.m., featuring Crowder and Cleveland Cavaliers chaplain Jerry Birch