26, Law Clerk, Jakmides Law Offices & Alliance City Council
What motivates or inspires you to better the community?
The future. Whether thinking about my family, career or even social life, I understand that if I want Stark County to thrive and continue to be the place I want to stay, I have to stake a personal claim in making it better.
What advice would you give the younger generation when it comes to advancing in their careers or strengthening Stark County?
Give the opportunities right here at home the benefit of the doubt. We are fortunate to have a broad range of industries and professions thriving here, and they want local talent to keep them strong!
What are your goals/plans/aspirations for the future?
I hope to build a successful law practice handling a range of legal issues that allow me to do a lot of trial work—specifically including family law, criminal defense work and government/election law. I also plan to stay very involved in Stark County politics.
What is your favorite thing about Stark County?
The people. We are lucky to have a diverse community capturing a great cross-section of our state. There is no mold for a Stark County resident, nor is there even a single photo that could capture what our beautiful county looks like! I love that we have residents embracing their community …
“At the young age of 26, I see a dynamic, determined and confident leader as the community and political torches are passed to the next generation. How exciting to witness the growth of an individual handling the daily pressures of pursuing a career, governing a community and contributing to the betterment of Stark County.”
-Janet Weir Creighton
• St. Thomas Aquinas High School, 2010
• University of Mount Union, Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice, cum laude, 2013
• University of Akron School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2017
In the community
• Member of Leadership Stark County, Government Academy
• Plans to chair the Youth Academy Program for Leadership Stark County Government this fall
• Serves on the Board of Directors of the Stuckey Family Interfaith Child Development Center
• Member of the Alliance Rotary Club
• Member of St. Joseph Catholic Church
• Judicial intern in the Alliance Municipal Court, 2009
• Interned in the Detective Bureau at the Alliance Police Department
• Past legal extern at the City of Barberton Law Department
• Was on the Safety & Judiciary Committee and Planning, Zoning, & Housing Committee, and chaired the Finance Committee
• St. Thomas Aquinas High School National Honor Society treasurer
• St. Thomas Aquinas High School Key Club president
• St. Thomas Aquinas High School Mock Trial Team captain
• University of Mount Union Pre-Law Society President
• University of Mount Union Regula Center for Public Service & Civic Engagement volunteer
• University of Mount Union Outstanding Senior Criminal Justice Student Award
• University of Mount Union Board of Trustees Scholarship recipient
• University of Mount Union Dean’s List for four semesters
• University of Akron Law School Student Bar Association member
• University of Akron Law School Student Disciplinary Committee member
• University of Akron Law School Trial Team member
• University of Akron Law School Board of Trustees scholarship recipient
• Fiancé: Edmond Mack (to be married July 7)
• Parents: Jeff and Jane Jakmides
• Siblings: two older brothers and one younger sister
• P.S. She loves her dog!
• Janet Weir Creighton, Stark County Commissioner