Length: 15-20 minutes (excluding warm-up and post stretches)
Equipment needed: Resistance band
Warm-up exercises: 30 Jumping Jacks, 10 Butt Kicks, 10 Surfers, 10 Squats, 10 Arm Circles, 10 Reverse Lunges.
1. Single-leg Kickout: Standing on your right foot, lift your straight left leg behind you with your toe pointed down. As you lean forward, reach your hands in front of you. Keep your back flat and your hips pointed forward. Lower your left leg and return to standing. Repeat 15 times. Switch legs for another 15 reps.
2. Plank Walkover: Begin in a push-up position. Keeping your feet stationary, your hips level and your core tight (imagine buttoning your navel to your spine and pushing your shoulders away from your ears), move your left hand about a foot to the left, then place your right hand next to your left hand. Return your right hand to the center, follow with your left hand. Then take your right hand and place it about a foot to the right of your body. Place your left hand next to your right hand. Return your left hand to center, follow with your right hand. Repeat walking your hands to the left, center, right and center 10 times.
3. Squat Jumps: Stand with your feet hip-width apart and lower into a squat making sure your knees don’t pass the tip of your toes. Swing both arms forward and up toward the ceiling while jumping as high as you can. Land in a bent knee position. Repeat 10 times.
4. Band Punches: Hold a resistance band with both hands close to your ribs. Punch forward with your right arm, while your left hand holds the band close to your body. Return your right arm to the starting position and punch with your left arm. Alternate arms for 20 punches.
Rest for 30 seconds and complete Circuit 1 for a second time.
Once you’ve completed Circuit 1 twice, continue to Circuit 2.
For each of the Circuit 2 exercises, place a resistance band around your legs just below your knees.
1. Hip Circuit: Squat 15 times, dropping as low as possible. Hold the last squat at the halfway point. While keeping your knees wide enough to maintain tension in the resistance band, tap one toe roughly 2 feet behind you. Return to the half squat and tap the same foot again behind you. Repeat 10 times. Then switch feet for another 10 reps.
2. Hip Bridge: Lying on your back with knees bent, push your knees outward to keep resistance on the band and lift up your hips. Lift your toes. Hold for 30 seconds then lower your hips.
3. Plank Jacks: Begin in a push-up position. Jump your feet out wider than your body and then together (like jumping jacks). Repeat as fast as possible for 20 jacks.
Rest for 30 seconds and complete Circuit 2 for a second time.
Once you’ve completed Circuit 2 twice, continue to Circuit 3.
1. Reverse Lunge with a Twist: Place the resistance band around your forearms and hold your arms straight in front of you at shoulder height. Step backward with your right foot and lower into a lunge while rotating your torso 60 degrees toward your left knee. Return to standing. Step backward with your left foot into a lunge and rotate your torso 60 degrees toward your right knee. Repeat 10 times while alternating sides.
2. Archer Rows: Begin in a lunge stance with your right foot back. Holding the resistance band with both hands, extend your left arm in front of you at shoulder height and use your right hand to pull the resistance band back toward your right shoulder. Repeat 12 times, then switch sides for another 12 reps.
Rest for 20 seconds. Complete Circuit 3 two more times with a 20-second rest in between sets.
Once you’ve completed Circuit 3 three times, continue to Circuit 4.
1. Superman: Lie face down with your arms and legs extended. Lift both legs and both arms simultaneously as high as possible. Pause and lower. Repeat 12 times.
2. Jackknife Circuit: While sitting with legs straight, lean to your right side and balance on your right hip with your hands behind you for support. Elevate your legs and pull your knees to your chest. Straight your legs, while keeping them elevated. Repeat 15 times, then lean to your left side for 15 reps. Then sit with both hips on the ground and repeat the exercise for 15 more reps.
3. Plank Step-Out: Begin in a plank position with your elbows directly under your shoulders. While keeping your hips low, step your right foot laterally toward your right side. Return it to the center. Step your left foot toward the left side and return to center. Continue to alternate the step-outs for 45 seconds.
Rest for 30 seconds. Complete Circuit 4 a second time.
(hold each for at least 40 seconds):
Lying Twist: Lie on your back and lean both knees to the left while reaching both of your arms to the right side of your body. Switch sides.
Knee-Bent Hamstring Reach: Sit with both legs straight and wide apart, bend your left knee and place the sole of your foot near your straightened right knee. Reach both hands toward your right toes. Switch sides.
Knee Pull: Lying on your back, pull one knee toward your chest leaving the other leg straight and on the ground. Switch legs.
Quad Pull: Lying on your right side, bend your left knee and pull your left foot back and toward your rear while keeping your hips aligned. Switch sides.
Kneeling Hip Flexor: Kneel with your right foot in front of you and both hands on the knee. Lean forward keeping your chest and shoulders tall. Feel the stretch in your left hip. Switch legs.
Doorway Pec Stretch: With your arm bent at 90 degrees, press your elbow against a door or wall above shoulder height. Reach your other arm away from you and toward your back, as you try to open the chest as much as possible.
Congratulations, you’re done!