Length: 20 minutes (excluding warm-up and post stretches)
Warm-up exercises: 30 Jumping Jacks, 10 Surfers, 10 Squats, 10 Arm Circles, 10 Reverse Lunges
1. Single-Leg Squats: Standing on your right foot with your left foot lifted, bend your right knee and sit your hips back as you lower into a squat and touch both hands to the ground (or as close to the ground as you can). Push through the heel of your right foot and return to standing. Repeat 12 times on the right leg, then switch to your left leg for another 12 repetitions.
2. Stationary Spider Crawl: Begin in a pushup position with feet spread wider than your hips. Bend your right knee and bring your right foot to the outside your right elbow. Return your right foot to the starting position as you bring your left foot to the outside of your right elbow. Continue alternating sides for 20 total reps.
3. Single-Leg Bridge: Lie on your back with knees bent and feet on the ground. Lift your right foot to the ceiling. Squeeze your glutes and lift both hips to form a diagonal from your left knee to your shoulders. Lower your hips. Repeat 10 times with your right foot lifted, then switch and lift your left foot for another 10 reps.
Rest for 30 seconds and complete Circuit 1 for a second time.
Once you’ve completed Circuit 1 twice, continue to Circuit 2.
1. Squat Jumps: Stand with your feet hip-width apart and lower into a squat. Swing both arms forward and up toward the ceiling while jumping as high as you can. Land in a bent knee position. Repeat 10 times.
2. Shoulder Taps: Begin in a push-up position and tighten your core (imagine buttoning your navel to your spine and pushing your shoulders away from your ears). Take your right hand and tap your left shoulder while maintaining your push-up form. Place your right hand back on the ground. Take your left hand and tap your right shoulder. Continue to alternate sides for 20 taps.
3. Split Squat: Begin in a lunge stance with roughly 6 inches between your feet and your back foot on its toes. Bend your knees to lower your body until the back knee nearly touches the ground. Pressing through your back leg, straight your knees while keeping your back foot on its toes. Repeat 12 times, then switch legs for another 12 reps.
Rest for 30 seconds and complete Circuit 2 for a second time.
Once you’ve completed Circuit 2 twice, continue to Circuit 3.
1. Mountain Climbers: Begin in a pushup position and bring your right knee toward your chest. Quickly switch legs, by straightening your right knee and bringing your left knee toward your chest. Continue to alternate legs as fast as possible for 20 total switches.
2. Flagpoles: Begin in a pushup position with your feet wide apart. Keeping your core tight, rotate your shoulders to the right so they are perpendicular to the ground with your left shoulder closest to the ground. Reach your right hand toward the ceiling. Return your right hand to the ground and rotating your torso back to the pushup position. Repeat on the left side. Repeat 10 times on each side.
Rest for 20 seconds and complete two additional sets of Circuit 3 with a 20-second rest in between sets.
Once you’ve completed Circuit 3 three times, continue to Circuit 4.
1. Superman: Lie face down with your arms and legs extended. Lift both legs and both arms simultaneously as high as possible. Pause and lower. Repeat 30 times.
2. Hip Circuit: Begin on your hands and knees. Circle your right knee toward the middle of your body then to your right elbow and back to the starting position, repeating the circle 20 times. Reverse the direction of the circle for 20 times. Switch to your left leg, circle toward the middle of your body then toward your left elbow for 20 reps and reversing the direction for another 20 reps.
Complete Circuit 4 for a second time without resting.
Once you’ve completed two sets of Circuit 4, continue to Circuit 5.
1. Side Plank: Lying on your right side, position your right elbow under your right shoulder. Tighten your core, and push your left hip toward the ceiling while supporting your body on your bent right arm. Extend your left arm toward the ceiling. Try to keep a straight line from your shoulders to your hips to your heels. Hold for 30 seconds. Switch to your left side and hold the position for 30 seconds.
2. Plank with Heel Lifts: Begin in a plank position on your elbows, ensuring your body is in a straight line from your shoulders to your heels. Keeping your hips level, lift one foot a few inches, then lower it. Lift your other foot and lower it. Alternate the lifting and lowering of the feet for a total of 20 lifts.
Repeat Circuit 5 three times with no rest in between sets.
(hold for 40 seconds each):
Kneeling Hip Flexor: Kneel with your right foot in front of you and both hands on the knee. Lean forward keeping your chest and shoulders tall. Feel the stretch in your left hip. Switch legs.
Knee-Bent Hamstring Reach: Sit with both legs straight and wide apart, bend your left knee and place the sole of your foot near your straightened right knee. Reach both hands toward your right toes. Switch sides.
Knee Pull: Lying on your back, pull one knee toward your chest leaving the other leg straight and on the ground. Switch legs.
Quad Pull: Lying on your right side, bend your left knee and pull your left foot back and toward your rear while keeping your hips aligned. Switch sides.
Doorway Pec Stretch: With your arm bent at 90 degrees, press your elbow against a door or wall above shoulder height. Reach your other arm away from you and toward your back, as you try to open the chest as much as possible.
Congratulations, you’re done!