TART CHERRY MOJITO POPS
Prep time: 15 minutes | Freeze time: 6 hours | Servings: 6
Ingredients: 1-1/4 cups plain Greek yogurt; 2 tablespoons honey; 1 lime, zest only; 1-1/4 cups Montmorency tart cherry juice; 1 lime, juice only; 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves; 2 tbl. light rum (optional)
- Stir together yogurt, honey and lime zest. In separate bowl, stir together tart cherry juice, lime juice, mint and rum, if desired.
- Spoon two alternate layers of yogurt and cherry mixture into each mold. Insert sticks into molds and freeze until solid, about 6 hours.
- To unmold pops, run mold under warm water for a few seconds, being careful not to thaw pops. Store in freezer for up to 2 months.
Recipe courtesy of “Rocket Fuel: Power Packed Foods for Sports and Adventure,” by Matthew Kadey, author and registered dietitian.
Who says popsicles are just for kids? Put the crowning touch on any summer soirée by serving a grown-up version of everyone’s favorite warm-weather treat.
Brancott Estate Flight Song Pinot Grigio imparts juicy acidity and freshness when blended with grapefruit juice, simple syrup and a hint of rosemary. The Flight Song Pinot Grigio is lower in alcohol, so it freezes better, and as a bonus, it’s also lighter in calories—making it the perfect ending for summer meals.
- Mix three parts grapefruit juice to one part Flight Song.
- Make a basic sugar syrup by boiling sugar in water, and steep some rosemary in the syrup for a few minutes.
- Cool the syrup, mix in the wine and juice, and freeze in your favorite ice pop form.
Recipe courtesy of More Content Now