Enjoy all kinds of family-friendly fall fun at these local festivals
Arrowhead Orchard Fall Fun
With hay rides, a corn maze, a pumpkin patch and more, there’s no shortage of fall fun at Arrowhead Orchard in Paris, Ohio.
Enjoy hay rides through the apple orchard, and while you’re there, stop to pick your own apples. Swing by the pumpkin patch to snag some pumpkins for yourself.
Or try out some climbing and riding activities. Arrowhead offers Hay Mountain, Hamster Run, TeePee Corn Pit, Fort Delicious Slide, Apple Train, a children’s zipline, a pedal car track, an obstacle course and a two-acre corn maze for children and adults, plus a smaller grass maze for younger children.
• Hours: Open noon to 6 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday through October 21.
• Admission: $7 per person for all activities in the play area. All children must be accompanied by a paid adult. Ages 2 and younger get in free.
• Address: 11724 Lisbon St, Paris
Nickajack Farms Fall Festival & Pumpkin Patch
Nickajack Farms is your one-stop shop for all things fall fun. Find interactive and educational activities for the kids all around. They will love Farmer Joe’s Barnyard, the igloo and hay chutes, as well as the Tire Dragons, playground and obstacle course.
Try out your strength on the pedal carts or Rascal Rollers—essentially human-sized hamster wheels.
New this year at Nickajack Farms are the corn box, four square in the air, paint ball gallery and Thumper Junction, which offers bunny snuggle time.
Walk or take a train ride to the pumpkin patch to pick your pumpkin or choose from one of the pre-picked pumpkins. Nickajack also offers mums, corn stalks, straw and indoor/outdoor fall decor for all of your decorating desires.
Test your brain power in the 7-acre corn maze. And see how skilled you are at putt-putt in a round of Gourd Golf, in which you putt with a gourd.
You’re bound to work up an appetite while there, so make sure to stop in The Market in the Mane Barn, offering local baked goods and fresh chocolates.
• Hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. through October 27 and then 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. through October 31
• Admission: $10 per person, $8 for seniors, free for ages 2 and younger and free for teachers—find coupon online.
• Address: 2955 Manchester Ave. NW, North Lawrence
Maize Valley Fall Family Fun
Whether you’re into wagon rides or corn mazes or anything and everything in between, Maize Valley has you covered. It offers fun for all ages with an eight-acre corn maze, wagon rides to the pumpkin patch, a pumpkin jumping pad and a tire pile and straw bale mountain.
Younger kids will enjoy the animal train ride, “Frank” the combine and Farmagination Village and the littlest farmer play area.
Unlike other local fall festivals, Maize Valley offers pumpkin cannon demonstrations, pig races, duck races, a chicken run, Goat-a-palooza and the famous Megasaurus. When Megasaurus is at Maize Valley, make sure to show up early. The giant fire-breathing, car-crushing dinosaur has quite the fan base.
Adults can enjoy wine or beer while the kids play to their hearts’ content.
• Hours: September hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. September 22, noon to 4 p.m. September 23, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. September 29, noon to 8 p.m. September 30. October hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, noon to 8 p.m. Sunday through October 28. Admission ends one hours prior to closing each day.
• Admission: $8 for ages 2 and older Monday through Thursday and $10 for ages 2 and older Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Megasaurus will be performing October 6, 7 and 20. Admission on these days is $15 for ages 2 and older.
• Address: 6193 Edison St. NE, Hartville
Kingsway Pumpkin Farm
You’ll only find the bright side of Halloween at Kingsway Pumpkin Farms. Bring the whole family for a bright, cheerful fall experience. Kingsway has plenty of photo opportunities throughout the farm, as well as a wagon ride offering a spot to pick your own pumpkins, at an additional cost based on weight. Wagon rides will run daily starting October 1. On weekdays, they will start at noon and run every hour and a half throughout the day. On Saturdays and Sundays, wagon rides will run continuously.
The kids will have tons of fun crawling through a long indoor straw tunnel, playing in a large box of corn, visiting the petting farm to feed the animals and trying out the challenging corn maze.
The corn maze is an additional $4 per person, as well as the pedal carts. Kids shorter than 48 inches can ride on the kiddie barrel train for an additional $1.
Looking for fall decor? Kingsway offers pumpkins, gourds, corn shocks and more available in the sales area with no admission charge.
You’ll make memories to last a lifetime, all at an affordable price.
Hours: 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday through October 31. Last admission is taken a half-hour before close.
Admission: $5 per person and free for ages 2 and younger. On Wednesdays in October, admission is $4 starting at 4 p.m. Kingsway accepts cash or check only.
Address: 1555 Andrews St. NE, Hartville