30, Manager, Construction Services, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
What advice would you give the younger generation when it comes to advancing in their careers or strengthening Stark County?
You should do what you say you are going to do, to the best of your ability, on time, without needing to be reminded. That is a mantra we have at CliftonLarsonAllen, and I believe if everyone follows this motto, you should have no problem advancing in your career and strengthening Stark County.
What are your goals/plans/aspirations for the future?
My plans are to become a Principal with CLA and eventually become the managing principal of our offices in Northeast Ohio. I plan to stay very involved in the community and take on multiple board positions within the community so I can continue to give back to Stark County.
What motivates or inspires you to better the community?
Stark County is where I was born, went to school and also where I work. I have loved being in Stark County, and I have enjoyed seeing its development. As a CPA, I rely on our community to support me, so in turn, I do everything I can to give back to the community that has given me so much.
“Dan is an exceptional employee and quality young man. You will never meet someone more driven to succeed or someone more willing to drop everything to jump in and help someone in need. Dan has represented our firm in a positive light for many years, which is why I couldn’t be more excited to nominate him for this prestigious award.”
• University of Mount Union, Masters of Business Administration, summa cum laude
• University of Mount Union, bachelor’s degree in accounting with minor in business administration, summa cum laude
In the community
• Jackson-Belden Young Professionals Treasurer for four years
• Pin Oak Lake Homeowners Association treasurer
• ystark! member
• Junior Achievement, classroom volunteer
• Mentor at the University of Mount Union
• Active member of Rotary Club/incoming vice president
• Music Fest and Fireworks cash control leader for the past five years
• Bridgestone Golf Tournament committee chairmen
• Jackson Area Young Professional of the Year, 2012
• Member of AICPA
• Member of Ohio Society of CPAs
• Wife: Amber Schrader
• Steve Pittman, Managing Principal, Industry Professional, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP