Try your hand at making gifts this season. This DIY chalkboard tray is sure to spread holiday cheer.
2”×12” framing board
Chalkboard spray paint
Handles and screws
1. Make sure to have the board cut to 24” long at the hardware store. Then sand it down until it’s smooth. This takes awhile.
2. Stain the board following the directions on the stain, making sure to wipe away excess stain.
3. After the stain is dry, apply painters’ tape to the edges.
4. Spray with chalkboard spray paint.
5. After the chalkboard paint is dry, remove the painters’ tape and attach the handles. Make sure they are centered.
6. Clean the board, and serve cheese and fruit with chalk labels or a fun holiday message.