Summer is the perfect time for iced coffee. If you’re like me and you like to save a buck here and there, making a cup at home every now and then can save quite a bit. The trick is to make a cup that’s tasty. Here are some recipes I’m excited to try.
1. Brew coffee normally.
2. Mix in your usual amount of sugar/sweetener.
3. Pour coffee into an ice cube tray, and freeze.
4. Place five to eight iced coffee cubes into a glass, and pour in a glass of milk. (You can use whatever milk you like, including soy, skim and almond.)
1 cup of coffee
Milk or cream
Homemade vanilla simple syrup (can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks. Make sure it’s covered.)
Homemade vanilla simple syrup:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Prepare the homemade vanilla simple syrup by bringing the sugar and water to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves, add in vanilla and let cool.
2. Prepare a cup of coffee.
3. Fill a mug with ice cubes.
4. Pour hot coffee over ice.
5. Add milk or cream to taste.
6. Add vanilla syrup to taste.
1 cup ground coffee
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
3⁄4 cup milk
1. Brew coffee with four cups water in your coffee machine to produce four cups of very strong coffee.
2. Place in the refrigerator until chilled. In a small bowl, stir together both milks until smooth; refrigerate until chilled.
3. When ready to serve, fill four tall glasses with ice and divide coffee among glasses; pour over milk mixture and serve.