The temps are becoming crisp. So long, hot days of summer. Hello, evenings with the windows open cuddled under a blanket.
That’s right: Fall is on the way. If you’re like me, then your house has been filled with the smell of pumpkin for a month now. But for the rest of you, here are some ways to transition into the next season:
1. Pumpkin-flavored drinks/foods. It’s a fall staple for a reason. Pumpkin-flavored drinks and food just feel right at this time of year. If you’re looking for something really tasty, try the Pumpkin Pie Latte from Muggswigz or the pumpkin pancakes from Samantha’s on Portage.
2. Wreathes. Adding a wreath to your front will really get you in the mood for fall. Bonus points if you make it yourself.
3. Candles. I’m a huge fan of pumpkin- and fall-scented candles. The possibilities are pretty much endless! If you’re looking for some locally made candles, head over to Print & Press Shop & Studios. I stopped in the other day and noticed they now carry candles from Compass Candle Co. Umm hello, East India Chai scent.
4. Fall attire. Stark County is upping its fashion game, and fall is the perfect time to look chic. Ladies, head over to Laura of Pembroke for the chicest styles this season. And men, Mr. Hyde’s Leather is where it’s at. Pick up some boots or a jacket.
5. Blankets. What’s better than curling up in a blanket on a cool evening? Not much! Stock up your living room with some blankets, and you’ll be ready when the temps drop. Feeling crafty? Make your own with some yarn and knitting supplies from Bare Naked Wools Boutique.