For the past four years, the editorial team at About magazine has annually selected its favorite local dishes and awarded each a “Feast Award.”
This year’s awards, coined “Pizza Wars,” will feature the best of the best pizzas from locally-owned restaurants and their chefs. Restaurants may submit the pizza of their choosing for consideration in the competition.
Read on to learn how to participate in this exciting competition, and don’t forget to pick up a copy of the Feast Awards: Pizza Wars issue when it hits newsstands February 19th.
How It Works & Submission Guidelines
- On Tuesday, January 16, and Wednesday, January 17, area restaurants may bring their best, blue ribbon pizza to the About magazine offices (@ The Canton Repository, 500 Market Ave. S in downtown Canton), where our panel of judges (made up of About editorial team members and some guest foodies) will review each entry for presentation and taste.
- We ask that you bring one whole pizza so that we have plenty of slices to photograph, and for our judges to enjoy.
- In addition to the pizza, you must complete a form in advance below that gives us all of the details about your pizza (including preparation and ingredients, accompaniments and other relevant information). We will NOT accept pizzas for submission that do not have forms submitted online and delivery times assigned in advance
- Every effort will be made to create a blind-judging environment so that your pizza will be evaluated solely on its taste and presentation.
- You may only submit a single pizza concept for consideration. Choose wisely!
- We hope to award between 8-10 winners, and while we are looking for great tasting, well-prepared pizza, we will be awarding points for creativity. This includes unique ingredients and toppings, preparations, etc. Do your best to make your pizza stand out!
- After all of the pizzas have been reviewed and scored, Feast Award winners will be selected. The selections will be made completely at the discretion of the About staff and the judges they have selected, and all decisions are final. We will feature the winning pizzas inside the March issue of About magazine, including the year’s Best in Show!
Who Can Enter
Any locally-owned restaurant in Stark County may enter a pizza so long as that pizza is:
- a regular menu item on the restaurant’s menu, or
- is not on the menu and has been specially created for this competition, but if chosen as a winner, the pizza must appear on the restaurant’s menu for a period of at least 60 days from our Feb. 19 publication date.
- All pizzas submitted must have originated at your location or inside Stark County and may not be a recipe from a larger company or corporation. We are looking solely for Stark County created pizzas only!
In short, the pizzas inside the Feast issue must be served in locations that are open to the public and readily available to About readers—please NO private chefs, catering companies or private venues that are not open to the public with regular business hours.
Each of our winners will have their pizza showcased in the March issue of About magazine and will receive a certificate declaring them a Feast Award winner for their submission. There is no financial prize, but there are plenty of bragging rights!
Submit your pizza
Use the form below to submit your pizza. Once we receive your submission form, we will contact you to confirm and assign you a time to bring your pizza to our offices for judging on either 1/16 or 1/17. This form must be completed by NO LATER than Monday, January 15. Do not bring your pizza without confirmation of your assigned time. Please be as complete as possible in detailing your pizza!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR 5TH ANNUAL FEAST AWARDS. SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. BE SURE TO PICK UP A COPY OF OUR MARCH ISSUES TO READ ABOUT THE WINNERS, ON NEWSSTANDS FEB. 19